Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Morning visitor

So after a very rough night, a whole nother blog about food poisoning and army family crisis, I ended up with a total of possibly 5 hours of sleep. Anyone who knows me well knows that sleep depravation is an ugly thing for me so my grumpiness this morning was a sure thing. So when my older dog started barking for no reason my ire was up and just to prove that he was just barking to make me mad I went stomping to the back door and pulled it open to show him there was nothing out there! That is when I just about had a heart attack as I almost walked right into the midsection of one our moose. She was standing on my back porch going after my old sunflower stalks. Neatless to say I let out a holler and some not nice words and slammed the door( she looked just as startled as I was). Of course this reaction indicated to my children that something cool was outside and they swamped the back windows. After a quick mental check of myself (to include if I needed to change my pants),  my immediate thought is "Where's the camera?" Of course this is followed by more cussing as I realize that it is in the jeep with the manchild at PT(NOOOOO!) So I did the best that I could with my phone, she was no more than 5 feet from me for most of the time and wasn't bothered by me in the least. This made my morning and will be one of the many things I miss about Alaska!!







I am sitting in my doorway, she is about 2 feet from me and was the coolest thing ever!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

TOTALLY would have peed myself!!!