Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birch Lake

Birch Lake, AK
A couple weeks after coming back to Alaska we decided to take an afternoon and go down and check out Birch Lake. This is about an hour south of where we are but there is a military recreation site there and we wanted to see what was available and play at the beach. When we first showed up it was windy and rainy and down right cold!! I pulled out a sleeping bag and huddled under that while the family explored the beach. Soon the sun came out though and my children assume that if there is sunshine and water then they should be swimming. The crazy little people ended up jumping right into an Alaskan lake,brrrr!! They had a blast though. There was, of course, dunking competitions.

Well after watching Harm thump on his brother for a bit my hubby couldn't stand it any longer and joined in the fun. He started chasing the children down if they came out of the water.


For some reason he started stalking me but I think I made it pretty clear that me entering that water was NOT going to happen.

So he went back to playing with the kiddos.


It was a great adventure that we would love to repeat again.

No comments: