Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My garden

I finally was able to plant a garden this year. It has been years since I have tried this but I had heard that even though Alaska has a short growing season it is actually extended because of the insane amount of sunlight. So I planted peas, strawberries, pumpkins, carrots and watermelon and hoped for the best. I also had to have some beauty in there and planted some gladiolas, dahlias and sunflowers. As of yesterday we have been pulling peas out and strawberries. The pumpkins are going crazy but the watermelon is not an my carrots are almost ready to pull. AND I finally have a flower blooming, woohoo! Along with this garden I tried my hand at container gardening some potatoes and celery from veggies I bought at the store and both of those are doing well too. All in all I think my first garden was a success, when my flowers start blooming I will post more pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin' Good Dusti!!!!

Dustimay77 said...

Thanks Conni! It's definitely a start ;)