Sunday, November 25, 2012

Aurora hunting

So I took the hubs and the kiddos out on another night of aurora hunting. It was -23 degrees where we were by the Chena lakes and flat out it was COLD!! But kids being kids found a pile of snow and we had to drag them into the truck every 15 minutes to try and rewarm their little bodies. The shot to the right is of the moon and thud and giggles. The one below is of thud, giggles and sassy playing. I love my camera and the fact that it looks like it is daylight outside when in fact we could barely see anything except by moonlight.


We never did find the aurora that night but the clear sky was to much for me to resist. I kept seeing an exceptionally bright star which I am pretty sure is a planet just unsure of which one it is.

We were actually out on top of a dam next to the chena river and the whole area was so beautiful and quiet.


No comments: