Monday, April 20, 2009

Pacific Beach

I had the oppurtunity to put my hobby to good use this weekend. I spent the weekend with my mom, aunt carrie and my cousin Sarah quilting for a group called American Hero Quilts. They make quilts for the wounded soldiers that come into Madigan Hospital. It was a wonderful weekend and I really hope they made their goal of 20 new quilts this weekend. I think I will keep putting together quilts and sending them in because I can't think of a more deserving group of people to get them.

2 comments:

6Jewels said...

That's awesome. Do the quilts have to be a certain size? Would you give me more info? I'm getting getting back into quilting again by starting with one for my sis.

Dustimay77 said...

the quilts need to be long twins or bigger, made of red, white and blue material(no metallics), and need to be cotton, no flannel or cordoroy. I love the idea and was thinking of seeing if y'all wanted to get together one evening and put one or two together for it on our reunion.