Sunday, July 3, 2011

Exploring










Well our month of exploring wasn't just done geographically but also physically. I started running again for the first time in years. I am not doing bad, I have managed to make it 2.5 miles a day and keep adding mileage every week. This is also helping me to not only get back into shape but also lose some of my shape. I have managed to drop over 10 inches off my body in the last month and hope to continue in the coming months.


The kids also did some exploring of sports. Giggles is still playing baseball and loving it and he tried out a soccer camp and ended up liking it as well.


Goobers has been doing multiple field trips with the youth center and I think his favorite was the River raft ride down the Chena river, I only say this because he hasn't stopped talking about it since then.


Sassy wrapped up her Tball and tried out a little cheerleading at camp. She was dang cute but she was not quite into the cheering part of cheerleading, she much prefers the dancing part.








While Thud looked into something a little more physical. He decided to give flag football a try. He ended up liking it alot but has decided to wait for next year when his daddy can be home and help coach his team.




He and the neighbor boy seemed to love the sport and it helped him to take a leadership role in a group setting which I was very happy with. The month of June was a very active one for us and I hope to continue that through the following months.

No comments: