Friday, December 17, 2010

Year in review

Well I am not going to be able to get Christmas cards out so I thought I would use my blog as a way to get it out.
Our year was crazy! We started out the year in Washington and ended it in Alaska. The kids have grown my leaps and bounds. Gabe is in 6th grade this year and is getting ready to go into a Robotics program with his youth group. Along with this he is starting to get into soccer and swimming. Harmon is in 4th grade and and is in the school's computer club. He loves it, the boy loves his technology. Chris is in 2nd grade and is FULL of energy. He is also the family comedian, always trying to get someone to smile. Eve is in kindergarten, she was so excited to get to get to go to school with her brothers finally! They have all managed to keep us busy!
As for Scotty and I, we are both doing well. Scotty has had quite a year with learning a new job while recooping from a small injury. It gave him an opportunity to gain a new respect to all sides of taking care of his soldiers. The move to Alaska has given him the chance to get back into turning wrenches and he took took off at full speed with it. As for me I spent most of the year volunteering with Army Family Team Building and my unit's Family Readiness Group. I loved working in both arenas, but was looking forward to the move to Alaska for the chance to slow down. Well that changed when I was offered an actual paying job, working in the family programs of a unit. I am stoked to get a chance to work with Army families.
We are loving our new home in Alaska. It has been extremely cold but it is beautiful here and feels like home. I hope all of you have a great holiday season and that the new year brings you nothing but good and happiness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been a hell of a year that is for sure.
I am blessed to have gotten to know you while you where in Washington state and while volunteering at AFTB!
Best wishes to you and your wonderful family all the years to come!

Unknown said...

HEHE I forgot to put my name on that there post I just made. HAHA its been a day.

Denise Davio!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.